1 month ago #29188
Jim AndersonKeymaster@Jim Anderson
Associate Director of Evangelization
Office of New Evangelization
Posted 1/16/2019 until 5/1/2019
Assists in the implementation and overseeing of the Archdiocesan vision for New Evangelization in parish life while focusing principally on Young Adults. This will be done by providing leadership training, workshops, retreats, consultation, and facilitation for parish group meetings.
In consultation with the Regional Bishops/deacons and regional councils as well as the Office of Religious Education, or at the request of individual parishes, provides resources to parishes for development and formation of evangelization leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Provides effective parish leadership training on Gospel implications, collaboration, consultation, discernment, meeting and hospitality skills
- Assists in managing the formation and development of evangelization specialists and committees
- Encourages parishes to plan and implement effective strategies which meet their mission and vision for parish evangelization
- Focuses primarily on evangelization of young adults in person, groups and via social media
- Advocates skill formation of parish leaders and volunteers to help them recognize and effectively use their talents for service in the parish community
- Provides resources on evangelization to parishes as needed
- Assumes other responsibilities as required by supervisor
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field (Religious Studies, Theological Studies, Pastoral Formation)
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
· R.C.I.A. leadership experience
· Certification in evangelization methods or 2-3 years of experience in evangelization ministry.
· 3 – 5 years of experience in parish or diocesan leadership role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Archdiocesan and parish policies and procedures
· Long and short range planning skills
· Multicultural needs, especially within the Archdiocese
· Written and oral communication
· The Archbishop’s Priorities and ways to implement them
· Coordinate assistance to pastors and parishioners with long and short range planning
· Public relations
· Tact, sensitivity, and responsiveness
· Applicable computer skills
· Administration and organizational planning
· Collaborate with parish clergy, staff, and laity about the vision of the parish
· Analyze and resolve problems
· Demonstrate experience in motivating others
· Demonstrate pastoral sensitivity and awareness
· Help a parish team move from maintenance mode to mission oriented practices.
· Lead and coordinate workshops and meetings; Design, develop and present training programs and materials.
· Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
· Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking
· Sustain frequent movement of fingers, wrists, hands and arms at a computer keyboard
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on our website at: http://archla.org/employmentpdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
Office of New Evangelization
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90010
E-Mail: [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.