CHNetwork Q&A Discussion Home Forums Fellowship Hall Merry Christmas to all!!

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  David W. Emery 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Howard Hampson
    Keymaster
    @Howard the Pilgrim

As Tiny Tim would say, “God bless us everyone!!!”

Celia
    Participant
    @gachristian

Merry Christmas. The newer format has me a little confused. So a belated Merry Christmas to everyone.

David W. Emery
    Keymaster
    @David W. Emery

Right now, Celia, everything is up in the air on the forum. It is still being worked on, so let us not give up hope.

Anyway, I want to wish everyone who is still active on the forum a happy Christmas. As Catholics, we need to remember that Christmas is ongoing from Christmas Day, December 25, until the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, which this season will be on Sunday, January 13. I have just posted the Bible Study for the Feast of the Holy Family, which is the Sunday within the Octave of Christmas. The Octave, of course, is the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, a Holy Day of Obligation, on January 1.

Celia
    Participant
    @gachristian

Ah, very true. While the rest of the world has put away the Christmas decorations (or wait until New Year’s) I keep Christmas here into January. I remember as a child we didn’t take the Christmas tree down until the Epiphany of the Lord. That has pretty much stuck with me even while I was in the Protestant world.

I can see benefits of both formats as well as the Calling All Converts FB page. This forum now got a little harder to get into which I sure can discourage some who have popped in and out. However I believe it does serve a purpose especially when there is are specific questions and also for those who feel safe in sharing and not revealing their identity.

David W. Emery
    Keymaster
    @David W. Emery

This forum now got a little harder to get into which I am sure can discourage some who have popped in and out.

With time, this issue should be addressed. As I said, the techs are still working on the forum. They first had to remove a lot of stuff that was formerly in place; now they have to rebuild and relink. Then, too, advertisement has a large role in usage.

We will have to see which format people prefer. Right now, the chat site is popular because it is new, because it is being promoted, and because a large number of converts have had to make the journey alone and need to rebuild their human contact. Anyway, both formats have their strengths and weaknesses. Time will tell where we go from here. It’s an experiment, a risk we have to take if we are going to find the best way to evangelize.

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.